Humble Pie is what happens when you let a LEED-certified architect design his dream space. (So far, LEED only certifies buildings larger than 1000 s.f., but we’ll get there!)
A few of the features we hope you’ll notice when you swing by:
- Our buildings are made from FSC certified lumber and 2 recycled shipping containers.
- We are powered by 18 WA-made solar pv panels on site; the rest or our energy comes from wind in partnership with Cascadia Energy.
- We process 100% of rain water on site, using 2 green roofs, including one edible (that’s where our basil is from!).
- 100% LED lighting, a .8gpf Niagara single flush toilet and high efficiency tankless water heater
- We encourage walking and biking, and feature parking for 18 bikes for neighbors who dine with us.
- 100% of what we serve is either recyclable or compostable. We are proud to have a ZERO waste policy; keeping our ratio of garbage to recycling/compost produced at 1 to 30.
- We get love for our food AND how we do business. In 2016 we were awarded “Most Sustainable Business in Little Saigon” by FOLS, and in 2017 we were a Finalist for “Most Sustainable Business in Seattle” by Sustainable Seattle.
- We love local farmers and producers such as City Grown, and use our own demonstration garden and chickens to produce some of the ingredients that we serve. 100% of our fresh produce is organic, and almost all ingredients are sourced from Washington (some are sourced from 1000 ft. away – wave to Uli’s!)
We opened our doors in July of 2013 and have been serving up pizza to our neighbors ever since. Celebrating 6 years of people, planet, pizza (and chickens) in Seattle.